TechSmart is a Seattle, WA based EdTech company that empowers teachers to reach all students with coding & computer science. We believe every student deserves the opportunity to learn to code and make their mark on the world, regardless of their race, gender, socioeconomic background, or language. We partner with school districts to provide Teacher Coding Bootcamps, a K-12 Curriculum Pathway, and a cloud-based Teaching & Learning Platform.
As a Senior Curriculum Developer, you will create world-class coding courses used by tens of thousands of teachers and students around the country. Working with an experienced and supportive multidisciplinary team, you will brainstorm, design, code, and write all the material needed to guide students to computer science mastery.
We are looking for a creative and technically proficient individual to join our team and help invent the future of K-12 coding education. The ideal candidate has deep computer science knowledge, strong collaboration and writing skills, and the ability to connect with a diverse audience. In this role, you will...
- Inspire a passion for coding and computer science in K-12 students and teachers by developing interactive and engaging educational activities.
- Collaborate with our curriculum, engineering, product management, teacher success, and user experience teams to push computer science education to new heights of instruction and engagement.
- Impact the lives of tens of thousands of elementary, middle, and high school students by enabling their teachers to provide them with learning pathways to professional coding jobs.
As a developer, you will...
- Create a comprehensive, scoped, and sequenced curriculum with lesson assets such as learning objectives, slide decks, lecture notes, example code, and teaching guides.
- Develop educational activities that build and assess knowledge of coding and computer science topics via coding exercises and assessments.
- Troubleshoot issues and fix bugs within the curriculum as they arise.
- Delight teachers, students, school districts, and staff with the curriculum you create.
As a collaborator, you will...
- Receive ideas and feedback from both customers and colleagues, prioritizing curriculum improvements in the team backlog.
- Partner with instructional designers, sharing ownership of the curriculum’s learning experience.
- Influence product decisions with effective reasoning and communication.
- Build learning relationships with your fellow teammates and share your expertise with one another.
- Grow into a leader, inspiring others through your service and your vision.
We are excited to meet because you have...
Fullstack Web Development
- Proficiency with at least one frontend web framework such as React, Vue, Angular, or equivalent.
- Proficiency with user experience design and working with wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Proficiency with at least one backend web framework such as Express, Koa, Hapi, or equivalent.
- Proficiency with SQL and at least one relational database such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Proficiency with the core services of at least one cloud infrastructure provider such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or Heroku.
Fullstack Web Instruction
- Proficiency with giving in-person instruction on fullstack web development, designing lessons by working backwards from outcomes, and evaluating student mastery through assessments.
- Familiarity with pedagogical and instructional design topics such as checking for understanding, setting high academic expectations, pacing the progression of learning topics, and maximizing student thinking and participation.
Software Engineering Practices
- A growth mindset—is respectful, empathetic, honest, humble, and learns from mistakes.
- Mastery of verbal and written communication, as well as giving and receiving feedback.
- Proficiency with iterative design and refactoring to grow software projects organically.
- Proficiency with issue trackers, the Git version control system, and at least one repository hosting service such as GitHub or GitLab.
- Proficiency with automated testing and concepts like acceptance tests, system tests, UI tests, or unit tests.
- Proficiency with the software development lifecycle including code reviews, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
And have the following relevant experience...
- At least three years of industry experience as a fullstack web developer.
- At least one year of industry experience as a fullstack web instructor.
This is a full-time, on-site position located in our office in Seattle’s Pioneer Square.
To join our dynamic, rapidly growing team, send us your resume.
We are committed to building a diverse team, at all levels, that mirrors the populations we serve. As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, TechSmart considers all qualified applicants for employment.