TechSmart is a Seattle, WA based EdTech company that empowers teachers to reach all students with coding & computer science. We believe every student deserves the opportunity to learn to code and make their mark on the world, regardless of their race, gender, socioeconomic background, or language. We partner with school districts to provide Teacher Coding Bootcamps, a K-12 Curriculum Pathway, and a cloud-based Teaching & Learning Platform.
At the center of it all, our Coding Instructor / Curriculum Developer has a dynamic and creative dual role that impacts tens of thousands of teachers and students around the country. As a Coding Instructor, you will lead our Teacher Coding Bootcamps, transforming teachers of any subject into knowledgeable and confident coding educators. As a Curriculum Developer, you will take on a key role in our curriculum team, collaborating creatively to develop engaging coding instructional activities.
We are looking for a coding professional to join our passionate team and help invent the future of K-12 Coding education. The ideal candidate has strong coding skills, an outgoing and friendly personality, empathy for users, and excellent verbal communication skills. This role strikes a balance between developing code and sharing your knowledge with the world. Part of your time will be spent traveling to ignite educators’ passion and knowledge of coding, and the rest creating a world-class coding curriculum for them to teach. In this role, you will...
- Collaborate creatively with our curriculum, user experience, and product development teams to push computer science education to new heights of instruction and engagement.
- Impact the lives of tens of thousands of elementary, middle, and high school students by enabling their teachers to share the critical coding skills that drive our modern economy.
- Deepen your skills by developing innovative coding curricula and guiding Teachers through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and emerge as confident, capable coding instructors.
Well qualified individuals will...
- Be passionate about teachers and equity of computer science education.
- Have an outgoing, friendly, compassionate, and empathetic personality.
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills with a clear and precise style.
- Have an outstanding creative mind, with a sense of what will engage students at the elementary, middle, or high school levels.
You will be responsible for...
- Being the face of TechSmart to teachers, delivering in-person Coding Bootcamps in a classroom setting to cohorts of 12-24 teachers.
- Collaborating with the curriculum team to develop instructional materials and activities for elementary, middle, and high school courses on a variety of coding languages.
- Gathering user requirements, observations, and insights from our Coding Bootcamp Teachers to advance our Curriculum, Platform, and user experience roadmaps.
- Delighting teachers.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Seattle’s Pioneer Square, with up to 40% travel. Therefore you must reside within commuting distance of Seattle or be willing to relocate.
To join our dynamic, rapidly growing team, send us your resume. Please include a cover letter of 1–2 paragraphs highlighting why you'd like to join us and how you would be a fit for this position.
We are committed to building a diverse team, at all levels, that mirrors the populations we serve. As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, TechSmart considers all qualified applicants for employment.